Is it just me or has April gone by in the blink of an eye? I don’t know where this month went, I really don’t. The weather has been getting me down lately, to be honest with you. I haven’t been in the best headspace and I think it had to do with the fact that it’s so cold and rainy and gross out. I just want spring! So here are a few of the things that have made me happy during this grey month.
01. Bento Box. I’ve wanted to get one of these pretty little bento boxes that I kept seeing on Instagram and Pinterest. I try to make sure that I am bringing food with me to work so that I am eating well and saving money. I finally got myself one of these boxes and have been loving it. It makes it fun to pack a lunch the night before and it’s just so pretty!
02. Converse Sneakers. Wearing these sneakers make me feel like myself. Like many people my age, I had a strong emo phase as a teenager and Converse sneakers were part of my uniform. I’ve wanted to get a new pair of these shoes for a long time and I finally got them. I’ve been wearing them almost every single day and every time that I look down at them, they make me so very happy.
03. Gypsy 05 Roundie. This month, I got my first FabFitFun box and in this one, it came with this blanket. I adore mine. I think it’s so very pretty and while the weather has been crap, I’m really looking forward to taking this blanket down to the park in the summer with a good book. It just makes me feel good. It’s making me look forward to the summer.
04. Dr. Brandt Exfoliator. Skin care is something that I’ve really gotten invested in when I turned 25. I really want to protect my skin and make sure that it’s looking it’s best. I got this exfoliator in my FabFitFun box and have included it into my skin care routine. So far, it’s been really nice. I like the way it makes my skin feel and it smells really clean.
05. Deborah Lipman Nail Polish. Again, another little pick from my FabFitFun box. I am a lover of nail polish and this set has been adorable for spring. This blue just makes me so happy.
06. Haute Mess Pouch. This pouch is just adorable and it’s a great size. I’ve been using it as a catch all in my daily bag but it was great as a purse when I went out once and I think it’s going to be fantastic for travelling.
07. Karuna Sheet Masks. I adore sheet masks and just masks in general. I love how relaxing they are and these particular masks are so calming and moisturizing. I am really liking them and I’m looking into trying other products from this line.
08. Striped Cold Shoulder Top. My wardrobe is lacking. I have a hard time buying clothes for myself. I always have reasons to not buy things I like. However, I decided to just go for it and get this top from Forever21. I love it. I love the way it makes me feel and I got a ton of compliments when I last wore it. I love how good it makes me feel.
09. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Highlighter. As far as makeup goes, I am trying to dip my toes into the world of highlighters. There are many higher end products that I want to try but until I get there, this drug store highlighter is fantastic.
10. Whispers of Love Oracle Cards. These cards were a gift to me from my best friend a while ago. I played with them a lot when I first got them but then I stopped playing with them and I’ve recently picked them up again. They’re wonderful cards, full of love.
11. Bubbles. I am so happy!!! Bubbles were a lovely easter gift from my best friend’s mom and they make me so happy. Bubbles are just the best, guys.
12. Origins Original Skin Essence Lotion. Back to skincare, I am loving this lotion. It has a rather watery consistency and I really like it. It’s not heavy like a lotion but it’s moisturizing like a lotion. It’s some kind of magical skin potion and I am loving it.