Last month was a hard month for me. Fuck, I’ll be honest. The past few months have been a little hard on and off. I really slacked as far as blogging goes and then the fact that the charging cord for my computer broke didn’t help matters. But no matter! I have plenty of favourites to share with you since I didn’t get around to doing my May favourites. Buckle up! We’re on a roller coaster that only goes up, friends.
01. Purple Shampoo/Conditioner. I recently dyed my hair. I’m naturally a dirty, dark blonde; kind of leaning a bit more on the brown side. I’m also starting to go grey and I have a patch of pure white hair. So I’ve added more blonde to my hair and I think that in the future, I might want to go a bit more towards white. All of that being said, my hair routine has gotten a lot more involved. I wanted t buy a purple shampoo and conditioner to balance out any yellow tones in my hair and this combo from Drybar had amazing reviews. I love it. It smells like salon shampoo, it makes my hair feel soft and healthy, and it really helps my blonde. I am totally in love with this stuff.
02. Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam and Texturizing Spray. I recently spoke about this in my last blog post so I won’t go on and on again. You can find that post HERE.
03. Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil. Again, I just did a post about Ouai products so you can find that at the link above.
04. Sheet Masks. I think that I need an intervention. I am in love with sheet masks. No. That’s not the right word. I am OBSESSED with sheet masks. They feel so good on my skin, I can try a bunch of different brands that I might not try normally, and they’re just fun. I almost never place an order from Sephora without adding on at least one sheet mask. These masks from Dr. Jart have been some of my favourite but I love so many different kinds.
05. Candles. My best friend and I recently went to Edmonton on a shopping trip and while there, we stopped into Bath and Body Works. Their candles are some of my favourite and I like getting a few for the new season. These spring candles make my heart happy.
06. Nest Perfume. I love perfume. It’s a weakness that I can’t afford. A good perfume just pulls everything together and I decided to spring and get this one. I love Nest as a brand but this one, called Indigo, is a lovely scent. It’s unlike anything that I’ve ever worn before. The site says that it’s an ‘exotic’ scent with notes of Moroccan tea, Kashmir wood, cardamon, wild fig, and bergamot. I adore it.
07. David’s Tea. I am a tea drinker. I am a tea lover. Going into spring and summer, I love fruity and light teas. I got the Oasis collection from David’s Tea so that I could try out a bit of everything. I also got this amazing travel cup that makes it really easy to turn any tea into an iced tea. It’s been perfect for around the house and at work.
08. Too Faced Bronzer. I had heard about this chocolate bronzer before but I’ve always been a little nervous about getting something like this because I am so bloody pale. I’ve always been worried that it would make me look orange or fake. What I really like about this bronzer is that it’s very build-able. It also blends out really easily so it doesn’t make me look like I’m trying too hard. Plus…it smells like chocolate. What?!
09. Origins Lotion. Origins has been a company that’s been good to my skin. I got this lotion and I adore it. It has a rather watery texture but it still adds a lot of moisture to my skin. It’s great for warmer seasons.
10. Juice Beauty Serum. I’ve had some pretty bad hormonal and stress pimples lately so I wanted to get something that would help. This serum promises to clear blemishes and it does just that. I put this on the other night when I started to get a bad zit on my chin and in the morning, it was almost gone.
11. Loreal Mascara. This is the feline mascara and I LOVE it. I have been looking for a decent mascara from the drug store and I wanted something new so I picked this one out. It’s very fluttery and I love how big it makes my lashes look. It reminds me of a Lancome mascara that I have. I think it’s a good dupe.
12. Real Her Liquid Lipstick. I got this in the spring Fab Fit Fun box. It’s really good quality. In the picture, it looks a little glossy but it dries down to a matte and it does not budge. I have to scrub this off at the end of the day which is exactly how I like my lipstick.
13. Melodrama by Lorde. I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that Lorde has new music out. This album has been so much fun to listen to. She’s such an incredible artist and this album has been on repeat.
14. Harry Style’s by Harry Styles. I really wasn’t sure what to expect from his solo career but I was pleasantly surprised. He’s made some rather wonderful music and the whole album has just been such a joy to listen to.
15. Hasan Minhaj’s Home Coming King. I’ve been a fan of Hasan for a while now from his stuff on The Daily Show. I think he’s hilarious. So I was thrilled when I saw that he had a special coming to Netflix. He did not disappoint. I’ve never seen a comedy special like this. It’s part show, part special, part motivational speech. There is so much love and attention in this piece and I’ve already watched it a few times.