This month, I’ve been trying a few new things and I have finally gotten my hands on some products that I’ve been dying to try for ages. With Christmas gifts and a bit of extra money from holiday pay cheques, I’ve been lucky to try out some new stuff and I fell in love with most of it. I’ve also been having a few difficult months and have rediscovered a few things that have brought me great comfort. So, without further ado…here are my favourites from January!
01. Ouai Shampoo and Conditioner. I have been wanting to get a shampoo and conditioner from this company for a very, very long time. I’ve heard incredible things about it and decided that I wanted to get the recently released curl line. However, it has been constantly sold out. I finally was lucky enough to get my hands on it this month and it’s incredible. I am so in love. It makes my hair feel so soft and touchable but it doesn’t weigh it down.
02. Ouai Styling Products. If you can’t tell, I am in love with this company in general. My hair has never responded as well to a product as it has to this line and everything that I’ve used from them has been wonderful. I plan on getting full sizes of the products I’ve been using as soon as I can. I currently have the hair oil, the wave spray, the texturizing hair spray, and the finishing cream. I plan on keeping all of those in my collection as well as getting the treatment masque and the dry shampoo foam.
03. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. Okay. I’ll admit it. I have an addiction. I am head over heels in love with this lipstick and I need to accept that. Her formula is comfortable, beautiful, and effective. I’ve been loving these lipsticks for a long time now but I’ve really been loving these nude colours this month: Ludwig, Lolita, and Lolita ||. She is putting out a few new colours in the next year and there are many that I want. The shades that I want next are as follows: Zero, Plath, Lovecraft, Double Dare, andAyesha.
04. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara. I really didn’t know what to expect from this. I got it in a Christmas present and thought that I would give it a chance. I fell in love. It has been doing wonderful things for my lashes and I hope to buy a full size at some point in the near future.
05. Formula X Nail Set. Another Christmas present, I’ve already loved this nail polish but this little set has been such a joy to play with. I love the nude shades and I ADORE the sparkly red. I’m just full on in love and besides, this set looks so pretty on my bookshelf.
06. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream and Origins Ginger Body Wash. Skin care is something that I’m really trying to focus on for this year. I want to get a really solid skin care routine that helps my skin and I decided to start with an eye cream. After a stupid amount of research, I decided to get this little orange baby from Origins. I’ve never been so impressed with an eye cream. I’ve only been using it a few days but it’s already lightened my under eye circles and overall brightened my eyes.
I’ve also be loving the ginger body wash. I got this one as as Christmas present and it’s amazing. They used to make a bubble bath that I am in love with and holding onto the very last bit of it. I don’t think they make it anymore but the body wash has been a joy to use. I hope to get more of whatever they carry in their ginger line.
07. L’Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream. I got this as a deluxe sample from a Sephora order and can tell you that it is the best feeling cream that I have ever used. It’s so soft and luxurious. I would love to get a full size of it but it is a terribly expensive face cream and I don’t have the spare money to spend on that right now. However, I do LOVE it.
08. Sephora Sheet Masks. Nothing makes me quite as happy as spending a night to myself. I got a sample of these sheet masks for Christmas and it’s been such a joy to add them into my spa nights. It’s just relaxing and they really do help your skin.
09. Reese Big Cup Stuffed With Pieces. Stay with me here. I don’t have a huge sweet tooth and I’m quicker to reach for chips rather than chocolate. I was craving chocolate one day and decided to grab these. I had seen the ads and thought it was just a gimmick. I was wrong. These are so good and to me, it seems like there is more peanut butter in these than most. I am obsessed.
10. Earl Grey Tea. I’ve always loved Earl Grey but for a while, I had stopped drinking it. I was really loving chai teas and spicier teas for a bit. However, I recently went back to drinking Earl Grey and I don’t know why I ever stopped. It’s sweet and comforting and lovely. It just makes me feel safe. I’ve had the regular blend and the decaf blend so I can drink it throughout the entire day.
11. Oh She Glows Everyday. Another goal I have for this year is to eat healthier. This is a vegan cookbook and while I have no plans to eat vegan, I am thinking of leaning more towards vegetarian. I don’t want to say that I am eating %100 vegetarian because I know myself. I know that if I say that I can’t have certain foods and I try to cut everything out all at once, I will go crazy. I’ll fail and then feel awful about myself and then spend a week eating junk food. I’ve also felt that I need a more vegetarian diet for my own health. I’ve been trying to focus on the idea of adding foods to my diet instead of taking away foods and it’s been making me happy. This cookbook has some wonderful recipes that I’ve been really enjoying.
12. Dodie Clark. I discovered her music this month and it’s been making me very happy. She has a wonderful voice and her lyrics are so sweet and honest. Her EP has been on repeat and I’m so looking forward to anymore music she makes in the future.
13. iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Leather Case. This really is self explainitory. Everyone my age is obsessed with their phone. I was lucky enough to finally be able to upgrade my phone to the 7 Plus and I’m loving it. My old phone was falling apart so it was time. I also treated myself to a proper case and not just the cute cheap one that really doesn’t protect your phone. The leather cases that apple makes fit the phone so perfectly and it makes it feel so protected. I’m looking at getting one of the silicone cases as well, just to switch things up.
14. Evernote. I really am behind on this one. I’ve known about Evernote for a long time and I got it once before but it didn’t really help me at all. I was only really using the notes on my phone to write out grocery lists and shit like that. This month, however, I’ve decided that I’m going to start writing again. I used to dream of writing a novel and I’m working on that again for 2017. Evernote has been a blessing in keeping all of my notes for my novel organized and clear. I also like that when I’m out and about and I get an idea, I can put it on my phone and then when I come home, it’s on my computer. Awesome, awesome app.
15. Bullet Journal and Tombow Pens. I’ve been bullet journalling for a few months now and I think that I’ve found a layout that’s been helpful to me. I’ve been really loving it and plan on keeping it up. I also finally spoiled myself and invested in some Tombow Dual Brush pens. They are INCREDIBLE and I want many more colours. I’ll likely do a blog post in the coming weeks going more in depth about my bullet journal.
So that’s it. That’s what I’ve been loving. What have you been loving this month?
XO – Meg